Monday 29 June 2009

On A Sad Note - RIP Farah Fawcett and Michael Jackson

Yes I know I'm probably a few days late with this. I was trying to catch up on some much needed sleep. So here is my post for Farah and Michael.

I remember Farah from her Charlie's Angels days (back when the Angels WERE good). Every girl wanted to be just like her. We were all glued to the TV to see what mission the Angels would get next and would they catch the bad guys. Every week they did get the bad guy. Every week was a good ending for them. None of the cliffhanger stuff we have nowadays. Every episode concluded and a new one began. So here's a photo from the Angels days that I hope you all like.



She's the blonde one on the right by the way. She was beautiful then and she was still beautiful right up until her death. It is just a sad shame that there hasn't been a lot more publicity surrounding her death. She will be sadly missed.




And now to Michael Jackson. I was a HUGE fan of Michael when I was growing up. The first album (vinyl kids, not CD) I ever bought with my own money was Thriller. I absolutely LOVED that album. Not just for the music, but for the fold out in the middle. It was a huge picture of Michael and a Tiger (if memory serves me right LOL) and I loved it. It was never off my record player. I think I drove my dad nuts by playing it all the time LOL. So when I was told late Wednesday evening about Michael dying, I asked what the punchline was. I was absolutely gobsmacked to hear of his death. He died so young and has left three children without a father. It's just a shame that the minority will only remember him for the supposed bad things he has done and not for the musical and talented performer that he was. He will definitely be greatly missed.



Here is my favourite album cover. This was back when Michael was "normal".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comments And Feedback